Those in our care enjoy the comfort of a private studio apartment, but just outside the door is a community alive with activity, thoughtful conversation and good company.
Uplifting and ENGAGING
Getting to really know you!
Our wellness team spends a lot of time getting to know each resident’s personality and history. This enables us to respect daily routines, preferences and personally connect with each one in meaningful ways.
A good understanding of a loved one’s daily routine helps our memory support team deliver what we call “person-centered” care. Family caregivers may be asked to map out dad’s typical day hour-by-hour, so team members can create an environment that honors his everyday habits and rituals.
What really sets us apart is our Memory Support team undergoes specialty training to communicate and interact successfully with those who have memory loss. We address each resident’s core emotional needs, including the desire to:
- Feel needed and useful
- Have an opportunity to care
- Love and be loved
- Maintain one’s self-esteem
Stoney River’s purposeful design promotes security, independence and confidence with built-in features that impact residents’ wellbeing.
Stoney River Marshfield’s Memory Support community is located in a separate, specially planned space at
1606 N. St. Joseph Ave., Marshfield.
Virtual DEMENTIA TOUR
The Virtual Dementia Tour is a 12-minute simulation that takes participants on an eye-opening journey to see what it’s like to live with dementia and is offered free of charge by Stoney River Marshfield.
- Shorter hallways with apartment homes encircling a spacious living room
- Resident-designated kitchen space for safe cooking and baking
- Enclosed courtyard garden that gives residents the freedom to go outdoors at will for fresh air and sunshine in a safe and secure space
- Indoor walking path encircling the courtyard garden to provide a beautiful view, rain or shine
- Specially designed dining room with carpeted noise reduction to promote a calm and focused dining experience
- Zero entry built-In showers in every suite ensure privacy and dignity
- Safety and supportive features, such as key-pad entry with wander alert, special lighting, flooring, and wall coloring as well as easily identifiable suite entrances
- Generous common space encouraging engagement in planned programming or inspiring lifelong habits and hobbies
Stoney River proudly offers Pathway to Living’s signature SenseSations culinary program, to deliver a farm-to-table dining experience with a variety of fresh, all-natural foods thoughtfully prepared by hand and served with pleasure.
Just the way you like it
Stoney River residents choose from a variety of artfully presented, flavorful, wholesome, made-to-order entrées and side dishes at every meal. Most dishes can be deliciously adapted to meet dietary needs and preferences, such as low-fat, heart-healthy, diabetic, gluten-sensitive, dairy-free, vegetarian or any other special request.
Culinary Hosts personally greet, serve and take the time to learn each resident’s personal food and service preferences – often knowing extended family members’ favorites as well! They serve three chef-prepared meals a day family-style in comfortable, well-appointed dining rooms with meticulously set tables.
Stoney River SenseSations also serves up “food for the soul” in the form of conversation and companionship with friends, neighbors and team members.